Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CPD23: THING 19

1,2,3...14,15,16,19 What is wrong with this sequence? While I consider myself severly math challenged, even I notice the discrepancy. But since Iam already behind in lessons, I thought I would pick and choose, especially since Thing 17 hasn't even introduced itself yet. Truthfully, my learning buddy Patty and I have a good idea for our screen capture but are waitng to discover a block of time we can work together.

So...here goes. I am grateful to this catcup summary for putting the past lessons in a meaningful order. Like most of us, I imagine, I have been checking off assignments with no clue that they meshed together like chapters in a book: social media, personal organization methods, professional development, production skills. A true Lightbulb moment!

I imagine the most useful Thing so far is my new-found ability to blog. After this class is over, I hope to set up an entirely new blog with some of my book reviews and other writings.

I was excited to discover Google Doc, hoping that just maybe my husband and I could stay better attuned to each other's schedules, but he decided he would rather live spontaneously. We did both join LinkedIn, however, and hopefully will share some business acquaintances.

One aspect I have enjoyed is the ability to explore others' blogs. This adds a depth and a practical aspect to the experience. And I am excited to experiment with Thing 17 and the"picture is worth a thousand words" concept.

But by far the most useful Thing isn't really a Thing at all, but more abstract. Especially for someone born into the era of rotary phones and manual typewriters. It is the assurance that comes from at least being able to recognize some of the terms other bandy about so casually and confidence to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment