Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thing 3: Photo Sharing

This lesson was so perfect it was scary.  I had just returned to pasture from the Bull Run Run 50 Miler in VA and was sorely missing the other members of my herd.  So I decided to upload pictures of our Let's Get MOOving Cow Team to share with the Finger Lakes and Connecticut cows. I learned how to download from my camera to the computer, resize and rename.  Yeah, I know, I should have been MOOving on all this technology stuff a long time ago, but cows, bovines that they are, feel compelled to ruminate before putting hoof to keyboard. And then, I directed those with farmers kind enough to provide pasture internet access to my new flickr account.

I know this sounds pitiful to the rest of you but it is a giant leap for me.

Our library does have photos on our website, but one of the best things we have done in the Childrne's Room is to purchase a Staples picture frame and upload slidshoe photos of our programs.  Taking a cue from dentists' offices, we have placed this on the reference desk to extend the tolerance time of folks waitng for help and most especially to entertain young kids while their Moms are consulting a librarian.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to my favorite website...Flickr.
    SALS and I added you as a contact/friend.
    Please return the favor...yes this is another task.

    I post all the Stryder photos on my account. Plus cute pictures of the family (which you will be entitled to see whether you want to or not) It is a privilege because I keep that stuff private for family and friends only.

    ReplyDelete