Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thing 2: RSS

Well, I finally did it using google reader.   Most of my problems were mechanical- the computer I was working on wasn't displaying the entire screen.  But I have 4 feeds and figure I will leave it at that.  As they say in ultrarunning, the journey is 10% physical and 90% mental.  I've got the physical done, but darned if I can get past the mental. 
There is already too much stuff demanding my attention anyway, so why would I want more thrown at me?  I figure if I really need info I can always google.  Also, many of the sites I use personnally don't have feeds anyway.

On a similar note, I liberated myself from Facebook.  Yes!  I have enough friends.  Our club is switching to wordpress with our own personal site which I like much better.

I did explore the blog search tools and enjoyed browsing the google blog search.  Especially since it was on library time!  I can see myself spending more time at the Top 25 Librarian Blogs.  Basically, the idea of searching for blogs on a particular topic was an eye-opener for me and I can see myself using these tools.  I guess the ultimate difference is the fact that I can choose the information when I need it rather than being bombarded.

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment