Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thing 8: Video Commentary

For this exercise we borrowed a SALS loaner video camera. Jen Ferriss handily used this as a field trip opportunity and hiked it over to us, pouring rain and all. Once we replaced the batteries, it took off immediately as you can see if you view the video--I was obviously taken by surprise as I hustled over to the staging area. Obviously amaateurish, but not bad for a first attempt.

The difficulty came with the downloading. It took three of us and Jen O. saved the day by clicking random buttons until something worked. That would be the only reason I would hesitate to procede further--just have no idea how to download. Is there a step-by-step protocol written down anywhere?

Embedding was simple and I did it all by myself!

I can see how youtube would work well for our Summer Reading Events--or even just capturing an idea of all the traffic we get here during a normal summer day.

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment