Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CDP23: Thing 5 Reflection

Reflection is like a diary, but more focused. More detailed and less random than those little slips of paper that clutter your desk or your nightstand. More structured like my running log where I write date, distance, place, owls seen, tree frogs counted, or on a down day, aches and pains. Although I should argue that any time outdoors comprises a good day.

Too often I attend a conference, get all fired up, and upon returning immediately get sucked back down into the vortex of routine and business. That is why I like this CDP23 series so much. Even when it is not an official reflection time, that process is still built in as we blog about each lesson.

I am a somewhat reluctant techie, having been trained when overhead projectors and microfilm were all the rage. While I have embraced email, much of the rest, for me, is rather like a graphic novel. My eyes dart hither and yon and never seem to settle. Too much input as on Twitter and not enough content.Perhaps if I quit my day job and my after job job I would have time to deal with all this. I certainly admire folks who do and can seem to handle all this information. I am jealous, but only partially tempted.

What I really enjoy, and this may be obvious by now,is blogging and I can see that becoming a part of my life. And I am grateful. I am currently toying around with setting up a personal blog with some of my writings. Folks say "You should write a book." And I think, "Yeah, but who would want to read it?" Perhaps that would be a good way to find out! Now all I need is a catchy blog name--one that will flag down all those trail and snowshoe runners...
laura clark

No comments:

Post a Comment