Saturday, July 9, 2011

CPD 23 THING 4: Current Awareness, Twitter, RSS, Pushnote

TWITTER: I found the Twitter account very easy to set up, although an instructive exercise to say something in just a few characters. I immediately became friends with another librarian who works in our system administration so that should be helpful. I was also delighted to discover ebooknoir as I am fascinated with that technology.

RSS: I already have an RSS account, but will definitely find it useful to add the entire CDP23 feed. It is amazing how many different takes there are on the same technology.

PUSHNOTE: After reading some of these feeds, I realized that I was not alone in never having heard of pushnote. Unfortunately, here at work we are not permitted to add such enhancements to our computer without special clearance, so I have decided to pass. And really, that is OK for now at least as it seems it is not all that popular. And as THING itself has suggested, such technologies are meant to be a tool and not to overwhelm. Currently, we are in our busiest time of year as all the kids are out of school and I have all I can do to keep up.

laura

No comments:

Post a Comment