Thursday, August 4, 2011

CPD23: THING 11

My weak spot is technology. When I graduated from library school, filmstrips and hand-cranked purple inked mimeo machines were all the rage. Twenty years later, our island (Kwajalein, Marshall Islands) had one public access science lab computer that folks could use to email relatives on the mainland. I did not get any consistent hands-on computer experience (I am not counting PacMan) until moved to NY.

It is amazing to me how much technology has exploded since then. Leaving me somewhat behind. Hence, this course. While I have enough to do without constantly monitoring twitter, facebook, wordpress, etc. I still need to know how this stuff works. Or at least download images from my camera.

So I have asked my unofficial mentor, Pat Raftery, to become my official mentor. We both work together Thursday nights and for the past few months have held "Tech Thursday" sessions for my benefit. We are taking this course together and reserve that time to work on our projects.
laura

No comments:

Post a Comment