Monday, August 22, 2011

CPD23 THING 13

Thing 13 definitely was anything but unlucky for me. I had a rush document to complete and my colleague at work who is also enrolled in CPD23 is home sick. She had just set up her Google.Doc account so I killed two birds with one stone (not her--this assignment and the work job) by google.docing her my ms word draft. YES!!! I found google.doc incredibly easy to use and anticipate similar work applications.

My daughter is a full time free lance writer, while I limit myself to a few publications. Frewuently, we share our work and next time I will try the google.doc approach.

I did talk to another librarian here who uses google.doc to connect with other members for the community-wide Saratoga Reads! Program. She mentioned that they have switched to Dopbox since some members had difficulty receiving google.docs. Since we are not allowed to personally install new features on work computers, I guess I will wait and monitor my success rate.
Til 14 strikes!
laura

No comments:

Post a Comment